About

wcsr_building_truckWCSR began in 1955 as 100-watt AM station WBSE in downtown Hillsdale.  In 1962 the station moved to its current location at 170 North West Street, with the AM growing to 500 watts and the call letters being changed to WCSR.  In 1974, FM 92.1, a 6000 watt station, was born.  WCSR has been owned by the Flynn family since 1982, and Tony Flynn has been with the stations since 1961.

Tony is a 1999 inductee into the Hillsdale College Charger Athletics Hall of Fame.  Longtime WCSR news director, Parke Hayes, joined Tony in the Hall of Fame in 2003.

Thanks to JoAnne Miller from the Hillsdale County Historical Society for this nice write-up!

WCSR Contest Rules

EEO